For information about the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects all personal information in New Zealand, click here.
- personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you use or purchase our products or services, when you subscribe or register to use our products or services, and when you provide us with your feedback or respond to surveys you are asked to participate in;
- personal information provided by you when you use the Platform, or post/upload it to your profile
- aggregated information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic to and from our Platform but does not relate to you personally;
- other information that does not personally identify you.
When setting up your homeAR account you will be asked a number of personal questions (name, phone number, email etc.). Failure to provide this necessary personal information may result in certain services not being available to you. You must ensure that all information you provide is correct and up-to-date. If you change your details, you agree to ensure your details are updated. If you have difficulties amending or updating your details, you can contact us at email@example.com. Failure to provide other necessary personal information when requested may result in certain products or services not being available to you.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose:
- aggregated tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you to third parties such as our partners, agents, and advertisers;
- your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law;
- your personal information to other third parties provided we have your prior authorisation, which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
A list of other third parties who may be provided with information, and a description of how those third parties may use this information, is available on request.
We may use the personal information we collect:
- for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details where these are necessary to access any of our products or services;
- to assist in providing the products and services requested by you;
- to provide you with information about our updated services, including new homeAR offerings
- for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- for any other uses that you authorise.
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of partners connected with our Platform and to whom you provide personal information whilst using our Platform or services. Our Platform contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Cookies, Clear GIFS and Tracking
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile telephone, smartphone or other device that you use to access our products or services. Where you allow our mobile services and products to deliver content based on your location (by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data. This information is used only for the automated delivery of relevant content and advertising to you and for no other purpose.
homeAR or our related companies contract with online measurement companies and other service providers to manage and optimise our Internet business and communications. These companies collect information about visits to our Platform to assist us in analysing the Platform's performance and advertising effectiveness and optimising the Platform for users and marketers. Details of these service providers and the information they may collect can be found here.
Social Media and APIs
We may provide an application programming interface (API) to enable software to interface with this Platform. The API enables developers to build new applications for our members to use. We use it to power our mobile and tablet applications. Some applications enable you to interact with us through the API in a way that requires you to log in. To do this, most of these applications will direct you through a secure process, where you are able to let the application connect to your account.
If you allow an application to connect to your homeAR account, including if you set up your account using an API with a third party social media platform, that application will be able to access information that you can see when you are logged in to homeAR. You should only allow applications you trust to access your homeAR account.
If you set up your homeAR account using an API with a third party social media platform, you also consent to us obtaining and using your information from such platform.
If you are using one of our mobile applications, you acknowledge and accept that homeAR can:
• choose to send you "Push Notifications". "Push Notification" preferences can be configured in the application's settings (you have the option to disable the notification when you first time open the app, and you can also go to your mobile phone setting to disable the notification); and
Opting in and Opting out
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to this Platform, receiving newsletters or promotional activities.
Requesting Deletion of Data
You can request that your data be deleted from our systems by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and supplying the email address associated with your homeAR account. Your data will be deleted within 48 hours of the request being received.
Changes to Policy
Updated: October 2021